Thursday, May 27, 2010

Can Apple kill Adobe's Flash? - I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!!

Can Apple kill Adobe's Flash? - I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!!

I think it is silly to think that any one other than Adobe could kill Flash within the next 5 years

Flash meets so many different needs in different ways.  I think most people that think Apple can kill Flash are people that think Flash's only hope for survival is on mobile phones or pads.  Flash can be very cool for some creative sites, but Flash will take a small hit from the lack of support for Flash on Apple products,, wait, I mean the I-Phone and I-Pad - Apple's web browser safari still supports Flash and needs to, other wise people would be upset when they get to a rich-media website that has the use of Flash.

I think one Huge benefit of Flash that while being installed on 98% or more computers, it can be reliable because it will display the same content the same way you plan on any platform that has it installed with their browser, and 98% I think in the US is pretty good.  HTML and other stuff will work on 100% of browsers, but it is like Momma Always said, Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get.  That is true with different browsers with some of the most popular sites.  Facebook has errors on FireFox and on IE, but different Errors. Am I the only one, or has anyone been using a site like FaceBook, Twitter, or Ebay and found that certain features don't work and for no good reason, then you jump to another browser, log in, and accomplish your goal after jumping through these hoops that Apple is so "For".

Please respond to me with your thoughts at kyle@kylemain.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kyle, one of the main industries that rely on Flash content is the eLearning. Flash is the de facto standard for eLearning. I agree, I don't forsee Flash dying off any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple is making a fundamental mistake that will injure great products like iPads & iPhones. The high tide has already begun and Apple has lost the opportunity of promoting its product value by attempting to kill the marketshare of Flash (which in fact is way large for Apple to clean).

    Steve Jobs could not percieve or calculate the intensity of the success that would have resulted, had they not prevented Flash from their products.

    The user-market is already staring to assess this major move from Apple not a welcome move but as a skeptical incoming. Not one is entirely assured living without Flash.

    ReplyDelete